Sunday, May 3, 2009

My vision and dreams

Looking back 15 years ago, I would have never seen myself where I am now. I had no intentions of having kids, getting married, was far from my mind then.
Then looking back 10 years ago, I would have never thought I would have a baby and be married at 18. But when I met my husband, it all was meant to be. I LOVED him so much. So when I got pregnant, it was a blessing. Meant to be..... And it was.
Fast forward to now....
I never thought I would be a sahm and housewife. I started being one 8 years ago, more because I needed to for my son. Chris was gone all the time and I just could not leave him without one parent home for his needs....
Now that I have been home and have 3 kids now and married over 10 years, I am sooooo happy with my choice. It was not easy at first, I was alone, sad, depressed. I had only my son and I was a young mom. My husband was gone almost 10 months out of the year.....
I think everything is meant to be, our choices will soon become clear if they are not at the time we make them.
I love being home with my kids, at home when my husband is back from work, I love cleaning my house, taking care of the animals, I love being here for my husband and his needs, he works so hard for us and deserves all my attention when he is home, cooking for my family. Being home for them when they get home from school, helping with their name or homework, holding them when they are sick....
I am just so glad I am able to be home to take care of my home and my family, what a great choice and privilege that is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is such a blessing to be there for them, isn't it? I know they're thankful for you. :-)