Sunday, March 7, 2010

Laundry detergent

I decided to start making my own Laundry Detergent. This way I know what's going in the detergent I am using on my clothes. No harsh chemicals, cheaper and a lot more.
This took very little time and ingredients to make.

Here is how I made it:

Homemade Laundry Detergent

2 cups Hot tap water
1/2 Fels-Napthat soap bar (grated)
1/2 cup Washing Soda (not baking soda)
1/2 cup Borax



Add grated Fels-Naptha bar soap to saucepan with 2 cups pf hot water. Stir over medium heat until soap dissolves and is melted.



Fill a 5 gallon bucket half way with hot water. Add melted soap, washing soda and borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with hot water. Stir and cover. let it sit overnight to thicken.



This is how it should look when you are you uncover it the next day.

Just be sure to stir this every time you go to use it.

For top loading machines us 5/8 cup per load

For front loading machines use 1/4 cup per load

No comments: