Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another great day

My oldest went to the beach and over a friend's house to sleepover, so decided to take my other 2 boys to the waterpark. We got there, went in and sat down and boom, thunder lol Then we waited a few minutes till they allowed the kids back in. Got to playing for about 10 minutes and then we had to get out. There was a dark cloud so they freaked out :) But after about 10 minutes waiting they opened the park back up and the kids had a good 1 1/2 hours of playing. I must say, today was quiet, not crowded and just the right temp. We all had a good time. Too bad the rest of the week it will be raining.

I have been slacking in the cleaning department. Every year around this season, I have trouble breathing. Not sure if it is seasonal allergies or asthma. But I get worn out real quickly and then at a certain time of the year it just disappears...
I do hope to get my fridge cleaned out. A god scrub and get all the old food out to make room for the new.

Here is a run down of this weeks menu, not set day for this, just as I go and how busy we are.

* Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and bread
* Chicken and Rice
* Spaghetti and Meatballs with homemade Garlic bread
* Grilled chicken marinaded in Sun dried tomato dressing with rice
* Pizza (I get a good deal for 2 large pizzas that we used for lunch the next day)
* Eggs, bacon and toast
* Pasta Bake (recipe to follow)

Pasta Bake

1lb ground beef
3 cups whole wheat penne pasta, cooked and drained
1 jar (26oz) Spaghetti Sauce
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown meat in large skillet, drain. Add pasta, sauce and 1/2 Parmesan cheese, mix well. ( I do this in a big bowl before I put it into a dish)

Spoon into a 13x9 inch dish, top with remaining cheeses.

Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.

No comments: